- Undergraduate: University of Florida in Gainesville, Florida
- Medical School: Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine at Florida International University
- Residency: Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- Board Certified with the American Board of Radiology
- American College of Radiology
- American Roentgen Ray Society
Dr. LeAnn Shannon joined Radiology Associates of Hollywood, Inc. on July 27, 2020. She received her medical degree from Florida International University’s Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine. She completed a general surgery internship and a diagnostic radiology residency at Vanderbilt University Medical Center, where she served as the Chief resident in diagnostic radiology.
Prior to joining Radiology Associates of Hollywood, Dr. LeAnn Shannon worked in education, for FIU’s Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine and Darnell-Cookman Middle/High School of the Medical Arts, in Jacksonville, Florida. Throughout her career, she’s completed multiple publications and presentations in Diagnostic and Abdominal Imaging research. She is a member of the American College of Radiology (ACR) and the American Roentgen Ray Society (ARRS). She serves as a member of the ACR's Appropriateness Criteria Polytrauma panel.
In her spare time, Dr. Shannon has volunteered as a motivational speaker, mentor and life coach for disadvantaged and disabled youth. She is excited for the opportunity to work with Radiology Associates’ Overnight team, providing excellent patient care to the community.